Posted by Administrator on 5/6/2015 to Products
- Very wide optical transmission band from UV to near-IR, (0.15-5.5µm)
- Significantly stronger than other optical materials/standard glass windows
- Hardest natural substance next to diamond.
- Highly resistant to scratching and abrasion (9 Mohs scale)
- Extremely high melt temperature (2030°C)
- Totally unaffected by most chemicals except some very hot caustics.
See our sapphire tutorial for more information HERE
And our complete selection of sapphire windows HERE